TEN is a dynamic, fast-growing organization, and we are always looking for enterprising individuals to join our team.
Senior Manager, Project Development
The Efficiency Network (TEN) is a next-generation energy efficiency integration company that is revolutionizing the way customers achieve energy and water efficiency goals. We combine cutting- edge automated technologies with industry expertise to remove excessive costs and complexities from project development, engineering, finance and construction. Our team of leading energy, financial and construction industry professionals provides comprehensive solutions on an accelerated timeline so our customers can start to reap the benefits sooner than with traditional efficiency approaches.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Energy Engineer will be to assist in the development, award and signing of energy efficiency contracts with customers of the company. This position is viewed as being critical to the success of the business long term. As a Senior Energy Engineer, the Employee serves as the technical resource to the sales and operations teams responsible for identifying and understanding the energy and operational improvement opportunities within a customer's facility. The Senior Energy Engineer will be involved in a diverse range of projects found in all customer segments including government, healthcare, higher education, commercial and industrial sectors. There will be significant interface with customers. This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit; diversity of technical expertise; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and excellent customer care skills.
- Identify and develop energy efficiency strategies at customer facilities;
- Determine energy baseline, develop measurement and verification (M&V) methodologies;
- Calculate utility, operational and ancillary savings, and generate financial justification reports;
- Analyze and quantify energy consumption and savings opportunities;
- Participate in customer interviews, cultivating customer relationships, and identifying new efficiency opportunities within customer accounts;
- Serve as the technical expert during all project activity;
- Provide guidance to the regional teams;
- Develop comprehensive measurement and verification plans (where necessary) to mitigate Company project risk;
- Assist in developing and cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate full scope of Company’s efficiency strategies to meet customer business goals and achieve Company’s sales objectives;
- Support project implementation of work and delivery of all equipment;
- Provide technical sales support and coordination, both internally to other team members and externally to Customers;
- Promote business activity by coordinating, developing and presenting concepts and preliminary technical findings, at varying levels of the project development process;
- Liaise, at times, with customer staff and contractors on behalf of the company to ensure that the customer’s concerns are being addressed;
- Assist other team members in the development of energy efficiency projects by collecting valuable site and any other related data required;
- Assist with ensuring contractor as-built record drawings (where necessary) are submitted reflecting the work completed as part of each project;
- Trouble-shoot problems arising at the Customer’s facility;
- Assist with the surveying of buildings and identification of possible energy and water efficiency projects;
- Mentor less experienced Engineers;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times);
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of engineering.
- A current professional engineer’s license in at least one state is preferred.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of energy engineering experience is required;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Certain knowledge of occupational health, safety and environmental regulations, legislation, codes and standards;
- Strong customer-focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency calculations and spreadsheets;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet multiple personal goals and deadlines;
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to use a computer and general word processing and spreadsheeting software;
- Ability to write technical reports;
- Ability to work with consultants and facilities management staff while assessing and implementing energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to work with diversified workforce.
- An entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based, entrepreneurial culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits.
For this role, we are looking for someone who is interested in being a key contributing part of a dynamic, fast-growing organization and, someone who is interested in and committed to growing with the organization long term.
TEN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship or veteran status.